New Kind is hiring a Junior Designer
New Kind is seeking candidates for a full-time, entry-level position as a junior designer in our Raleigh, NC office.
New Kind is searching for a junior designer that is both eager to absorb as much from working in a creative environment as they are ready to contribute an amazing sense of design. If you have a curious mind and a collaborative spirit this position could be a good fit for you.
At New Kind, designers play a central role in activating our clients’ brands—be it through a research presentation, creation of a new identity system, or a re-envisioned website design.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- College graduate with a degree in graphic design
- A healthy design background. Knowledge of industry tools, an understanding of formal design principles and typography, experience with logo and identity development, collateral systems, and the ability to synthesize information to better inform design decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients and seeing projects through from conceptual stage to finished work product.
- Enthusiasm for web design. An understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, and a strong appreciation for best practices in web design.
- Strong conceptual thinking. Designers are expected to be a contributing member in the creative process and be proactive in their communication and collaboration habits.
- A great attitude and a desire to learn. We look for people who are curious, enthusiastic, and eager to develop their skills both as a designer and a team member.
- Ability to work autonomously and also collaborate effectively as part of a larger team.
We are especially interested in candidates who bring additional skills and experiences that would broaden the overall capacity of New Kind. Examples of skills New Kind would value include, but are not limited to animation, video editing/production, photography, original art, web development, writing/editing, facilitation, etc. We want to know what really makes you nerd out.
New Kind is growing quickly and we move fast. We work openly, collaboratively, and creatively with every project. If you are interested in joining us in the adventure of creating the future with our clients, we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Send your resume and a link to your portfolio, blog, or other examples of your relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org.