Are you looking for a new kind of internship experience?
New Kind is currently seeking someone interested in gaining on-the-job experience learning how to build brands and communities in a non-traditional way.
Did your marketing, advertising, or public relations classes in college leave you feeling like you were studying history? Do you sense that there is a big shift underway that most companies you’ve interviewed with don’t quite understand?
About New Kind
We are a new kind of agency guiding organizations on a journey toward more effective ways of operating in a changing world. Some might call us a communications agency, a design studio, even a management consulting or innovation strategy firm. We embrace those labels. But we prefer to think of ourselves as community catalysts, helping organizations solve 21st century problems and create 21st century opportunities.
Our mission is to inspire communities of passion—whether outside or inside organizations. When people collaborate as a community with a shared vision and purpose, amazing things can happen.
Read more about us in this recent story from the Raleigh News & Observer.
About the Internship
This is a paid temporary position, located in our office in Raleigh, North Carolina. It will begin as soon as we find the right candidate. We are looking for folks that meet the following criteria:
- strong writing skills (we’ll want to see examples of your work)
- active in 21st century communication channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- college graduate with degree in a related field (like communications, marketing, business, and journalism) or a degree in a totally unrelated field (but with an awesome story for why you’d be a good fit anyway)
- natural curiosity and willingness to take on anything from important proposals and complex brand positioning projects to administrivia like scheduling meetings or cleaning whiteboards (if it’s good enough for our CEO, it’s good enough for you:)
- a strong design sensibility and appreciation for what good design can do
- experience building presentations in Keynote or Powerpoint
- previous experience leading or participating in online or real world communities (personal or professional are both valuable)
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of projects, with a particular focus on helping our Director of Operations and Director of Poetics. Typical projects may include research, scheduling/coordination, writing, editing, proposal development, presentations, and general office work. But we’ll also be eager to work with people who can stretch the limits—you may be able to help us in ways we haven’t even figured out yet. We are excited about that.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this internship, please send an email to chris(at)newkind.wpengine.com or connect with me via Twitter.
Please attach your resume and some samples of your writing work (or send links to where we can find them on the web). Also include some thoughts in your email about why you are an ideal candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you.