We’re looking for a talented Relationship Manager to join the New Kind team.
When people think of creative roles in a branding agency, designers or writers might first come to mind. But at New Kind, few roles are more creative than Relationship Manager.
It requires a full Swiss Army knife of skills: A detective’s mind for uncovering new business opportunities. A hands-on knowledge of collaboration tools. A calming voice in solving client challenges. A good ear for writing and a careful eye for design. And yes, anyone who has tried to schedule a dozen executives for a workshop knows you need an endless supply of grit and patience.
Relationship Manager is one of New Kind’s most versatile roles. And that’s why it’s a great place to learn and grow.
You’ll be a creative brainstormer, big idea presenter, empathetic mediator, feedback wrangler, knowledge distributor, schedule stickler, detail-oriented diplomat, workshop facilitator—all in the same day. Sometimes the same meeting.
So why New Kind?
We’re a branding agency that humanizes technology brands and any organization that is inspired by the open source way. The open source way means we work very collaboratively. Top down and bottom up—building brands from the inside out.
We bring our clients along together on the journey. On that journey, the Relationship Manager is the lead sherpa.
Here are your responsibilities:
- Grows client relationships with both new and existing clients, including selling recommendations, presenting pricing, closing new projects, and project intake
- Develops and executes client project strategy
- Ensures all client and internal teams have a clear and regular project status updates—keeping abreast of scope creep, gaining approval, and handling disputes
- Keeps clients and internal teams informed of agency and clients happenings
- Reviews all deliverables to ensure strategy and quality are accounted for before they’re presented to clients
- Builds and nurtures positive relationships with client teams
- Stays informed of client’s industry / segment
- Monitors client satisfaction
- Maintains data systems on each client within agency
- Consults with New Kind Partners and Directors regarding work output
- Consults with accounting regarding billing
Here are the qualifications you’ll need:
- At least two years of experience in account management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Quick decision-making and problem resolution abilities
- Awareness of and appreciation for details
- Experience with various project management and presentation apps and tools (not limited to): Gantt Charts, Asana, Slack, Google Docs, Keynote, Powerpoint, etc.
- Persuasive communicator: uses friendly, polished, approachable manner to work with others
- Experience successfully creating proposals and closing new projects
- Ability to successfully scope agency projects
- Mic Dropper
Does this sound like you? Apply below.
New Kind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.