Over the past few years, we’ve been thrilled to have the opportunity to work with NGINX, one of the world’s most exciting young technology brands. NGINX is the heart of the modern web, running more than half of the world’s busiest sites—like Netflix, Airbnb, and Zappos. The NGINX community spans the globe, and is made up of the most trailblazing professionals in the application development and delivery space.
The NGINX team wanted to better understand the thoughts and perceptions of their community of users and customers. So, with the help of New Kind, NGINX embarked on a comprehensive study to gain insight regarding the state of application development and delivery today and determine what the future holds for the field. We heard from more than 1,800 industry professionals, including developers, application architects, systems administrators, DevOps, and CIO/CTOs.
We analyzed the data, and worked with the NGINX team to uncover and visualize the most interesting findings. Our goal was to use the data tell the story of a fast-paced industry, while making a complex dataset easily digestible.
NGINX released the final report entitled The Future of Application Development and Delivery is Now.
Press coverage for the report:
- Developers turn to containers, microservices to stay on top of frenzied release schedules, by Joe McKendrick, ZDNet
- Developers take charge, bring containers and microservices into the mainstream, by Michelle Davidson, SiliconANGLE
- Containers and microservices starting to enter mainstream market – survey by Jamie Davies, BCN
- Survey: 20% of devs already using containers in production by Mike Wheatley, SiliconANGLE
- Study Shows Developers Wield Clout When Choosing an Organization’s Technology, by Richard Harris for App Developer Magazine
- Containers Are Entering the Mainstream, by Pedro Hernandez for Datamation