New Kind seeks a senior front-end web developer to help guide our digital efforts.
This is a full-time position for a well-rounded technologist who will be the essential lead in one of the fastest growing segments of New Kind’s business. The right candidate will have a core set of front-end developer skills and 1-5 years of related experience.
Particular technical chops we are looking for include:
- valid, semantic HTML
- deep understanding of current, standards-compliant CSS
- proficiency in WordPress-as-CMS website development (child-theming, PHP chops, etc.)
- pixel-perfect design translation
- website optimization best practices and techniques
- browser/device testing and debugging
- version control (svn or git, preferably git)
- approaches projects using progressive enhancement
- is an advocate for web standards
- understands and has experience with responsive web design methodologies
We are also looking for someone with the ability to:
- rapidly prototype new concepts to test their effectiveness
- communicate directly with clients about technology and technological concepts
- work closely with designers who use Photoshop and Illustrator
Bonus skills would include:
- experience and interest in user experience research and design
- ability to build sitemaps, wireframes, and functional specs as necessary
The ideal candidate will be interested in growing and stretching beyond web development to help New Kind assess latest technologies. Our Senior Front-end Web Developer should have a natural curiosity for new web frameworks and digital technologies, with the ability to understand, vet, and adopt (or not) new technologies and tactics on behalf of the organization.
New Kind is growing quickly and we move fast. We work openly, collaboratively, and creatively with every project. If you are interested in joining us in the adventure of creating the future with our clients, we’d love to hear from you.
Interested? Send your resume and a link to your website or other examples of your relevant work to email@example.com.